Friday 30 October 2009

Featuring: Kathy Hare's Amazing Work

I think of myself as a growing plant that needs to be nurtured in order to blossom and create beautiful flowers for others to see. Inspirations, of course, have always been the major nurturing key in my life to keep me going, and after creating my first blog, I have became more aware that inspirations can come to me in a form of other artists from different scales and backgrounds.

Today I've decided that I'm going to put one artist on the spotlight each week to show his or her unique talent and influential work in my blog. Of course, also as a reminder to keep pushing myself to the limits when it comes to walking down my path in the creative world. This chosen artist will be my inspiration...my muse, so to speak.

Finding this week's artist was like finding gold in a dark mine. I was in a state where I felt overwhelmed with work and life, needing just a little light to see what's in front of me. So then I found Kathy Hare's blog, Moongazing Hare. Although I know she's been in the art industry for sometime, I never actually got the chance to ponder on her work before I found her blog. Her style is simple yet outstanding, traditional and heart-warming...a true classic in my book.

 

 

 

A little Note: 
Please send a written permission to the artist if you are interested to use any of her featured work here.


7 comments:

  1. Thankyou so much Amalia, you are very kind... it is an honour to have my illustrations featured on your blog.. your work is beautiful, I will be a regular visitor here.. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lot of thankyou's for stopping by and following my blog!! I really appreciate it! I love your work ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. no i didn't know.
    masa si teh?
    lagi ngapain teh?
    online yah?
    ato ngapdet status? Pipi kali.
    gw gada kerjaan dengerin lagu Anang-separuh jiwaku pergi... lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's my absolute favorite--every time I see her work it brings me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for passing by ! Your work is very beautiful too, I especially love the little girl grey and pink !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Coralie Colorie, I really should correct you that this particular post is actually a feature on Kathy Hare's work, who in fact is one of my favourite illustrators :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your lovely daydreams, they always make me smile! ♥