Wednesday 28 March 2012

Lucie the Juggler


Hello there. Are you keeping yourself busy? I have been making some mess in the studio with my cutter and glue this week. Remember the last paper dolls I made of Alice and the White Rabbit? Well, those two were sold a while ago and since then I have had people asking if I were planning on making more. So here she is...


 
 

This little precious is Lucie. She's a born juggler and a star of the circus in town. I had in mind to do a drawing of her, but then decided to turn her into a paper doll instead. I really enjoyed designing her costume, especially sewing the tiny coppery beads onto the red felt. Oh, it was so good to put my little beading needle to work again. I think I might create a special series based on this character alone. What do you think? It would be super tricky to fit doll making into my already tight schedule, but I know it would definitely be worth it.

She's now available in my shop. :)

Hugs,



11 comments:

  1. How beautiful, lovely little doll, dear. As always I dream with a better world when I visit you.
    xoxo

    Vintage Collages

    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I want to know her hairdresser. She is elegantly coifed! Your dolls look so gentle and precious. Thanks for the hugs, Sweet Amalia. Hope you are having fun with your epsilons. Tsup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these paper standees of yours. What about doing that wind in the willows frog character? That would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is wonderful!! She looks so together and cute! :) Silke

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is just adorable! I agree - her outfit is soooo cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is GORGEOUS, Amalia!! She will be snapped up immediately. And I believe she is perfect for a story. Wow!! Such amazing work you do. I've said it once, I'll say it again, amazing work, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAAAH! She's precious! I love the beading and her beautiful blue eyes! I love her hair! Everything about her smacks of wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hai Amalia!
    She is so adorable!
    Have a nice day!
    Hélène

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucy's lovely! I like her costume with beads twinkling... Please, keep your needle busy!:)It would be interesting to see Lucy juggling, yes!
    You say it's a paper doll, Amalia, but I have the feeling it's a wooden one.:) Have you thought of making more costumes to change?Love!xx

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your lovely daydreams, they always make me smile! ♥