Saturday 9 February 2013

Drawing Frenzy

Oh dear, oh dear. It has been too long since my last post, hasn't it? Sorry about that, I don't have any specific excuse for it, just the fact that I have been so happily busy creating away in the studio. You know how it is...you start a piece one morning, finish it, then another idea comes along, and you just can't stop! So here's what my pencils and I have been up to all week....







The first drawing is already sold, so I'm pretty happy about that. It's always such a wonderful feeling when someone appreciates what you do, enough to want to take it home! :) The second one is available in my shop, and the last girl is still an ongoing working progress. It's strange how suddenly her face came out so much more realistic and older than the other two before her. It even took me longer to finish the face and the hair... I just kept coming back to them, adding layers after layers until I was truly satisfied with what I saw. I have a feeling this one is going to take a lot longer to finish too. :)

On a different note, my shop is having a special huge sale on original works right now. Some of them have already found new homes to go to, but there are still more available before the sale ends this Sunday before noon EST. So come, make haste, it's not very often I let go of my babies with a high discount! :)

Anyway, I hope you all had a good, productive week. Don't you just love that feeling when you know you've gone an extra mile and now ready to unwind, soaking in all the peace that you deserve? Well, here's to a wonderful restful weekend to you... see you next week! :)

Warm hug,




14 comments:

  1. These little girlies are just beautiful, Amalia! I the last girls freckles he he - gorgeous. You have a lovely weekend too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all too cute! I love the first one! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all. I have been working in pastels all week and now I just know I really missed my pencils by looking at your work!
    ManonX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your style so suble and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so enjoyed seeing each of these pieces
    to see them partially created and then the beautiful final piece

    how wonderful that one has a new home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your amazingly gifted, bless your creativity and thank you for sharing. Fantastic Amalia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! Those haunting eyes. Your illustrations are more magical as time goes by. Beautiful eyes Amalia. They really set the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeoussssss! The eyes draw me right in and hold me. Something so sad about the eyes, but also extremely beautiful. These are truly lovely little ladies! And how lucky you are to be on a creative streak. You go, girl! Woohoo! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous

    A little bit Unique

    x

    Oh and I'm running a giveaway, if you want to pop over and have a nosey! Giveaway here

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love them all! You make Magic! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Amalia ,
    I have a suggestion you should move your blog to wordpress.com . More people will see your work there . Its beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. they are simply lovely....I adore your style....the sweet sadness and compassion you capture on their faces is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your lovely daydreams, they always make me smile! ♥